This healthy version of banana bread is a perfect option to cook for family or bake for any occasion. I love to try and find “healthy” or “healthy-Ish” options for my family. I mean who doesn’t love to eat sweets and if you throw the word healthy in there I’ll take seconds please!
I love to bake and especially love baking breads. I’m usually always making a pumpkin bread, ginger bread or banana bread! It’s an easy snack for my toddler as well! Double win!
| Prep time: 20 minutes |Cook time: 45 minutes |
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup brown sugar (you can use whatever form of sugar you have)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (scoop then melt)
- 3 tsp unsweetened apple sauce
- Chocolate chips – (as many as you want!) I used chocolate and peanut butter chips and it was amazing! Dairy free friends use “Enjoy life chocolate chips” I will tag a link in the notes section below!
- 1 banana – (you can use more here for more banana flavor! My husband is usually allergic to bananas so I wanted to test only one and he passed and loved it!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- I used a dark non stick bread pan – otherwise spray your pan!
- Mix everything into a bowl and stir it up!
- Fold your chocolate chips into batter
- Pour batter into your pan and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy! Its okay if you eat the whole pan tonight 🙂
-Here is the link to the website for Enjoy life chocolate chips! You can also find them at Walmart and Target! https://enjoylifefoods.com/products/semi-sweet-chocolate-mini-chips-1?variant=20209502879855 I have made so many things with these back when I was dairy free while breast feeding! They are yummy!
-This makes one loaf of bread